Monday, August 9, 2010

Sarah, intro

HI EVERYONE! I've been trying to give a lot of thought on what I wanted to say in this handy dandy little blog that has been started. I guess the best way is to introduce myself, correct?

My name is Sarah. I live in Brunswick, Georgia and I'm eighteen years old. I'll be starting my freshmen year at College of Coastal Georgia this upcoming Monday, and I'm super nervous. This age is definitely one of those quintessential moments in life where you're thrust into making decisions that will impact the rest of your life. I'm in love with this fandom, and have made some of the greatest friends a girl could ask for. I read entirely too much, and have unrealistic goals of becoming an novelist.

Let's face it...the fandom is not the healthiest of hobbies one could partake in. You are sitting in front of a computer and exercise/movement is scarce. I'm not going to sit here and say there is a particular amount of weight I would like to lose, but I do want to say that I believe getting healthier and exercising more is a must.

Also, I've been writing a story now for quite awhile (longer than I would like to admit) and I really would like to set a goal of getting new chapters out every two weeks. Impossible goal? I think not. If I just put my mind to it and put pencil to.... well, fingers to keyboard, I can get this done.

Story found here (must warn you- it's rated "M" for a reason): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5732669/1/Kingdom_Come

Nine-weeks. A little more than a month... Is it possible to change your life around. Anything is possible. I want to be healthier, but I also have other goals that I think are important. And what better way to change the course of my life by using the resources of this blog and changing my life for the better. I want to network and help others and myself to get there goals reached. The easiest way to contact me is through email: sarahmendenhall1@aol.com or twitter @ssarrahh1. Seriously, DO. NOT. HESITATE. to talk to me. I'm not intimating at all and I will talk to anyone and everyone that will put up with me.

-Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard! I think both of your goals are admirable. I did NaNoWriMo once, so I know how hard it is to hurry up and write! But it's also rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! You can do this! setting writing goals is exhilarating--i'm definitely cheering you on from my corner over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUDE! you posted. How did I miss this? I think both of your goal are entirely possible. I think everyones goals are. Some may come easier than others but either way it's important to try. You never know what you can accomplish. I'm adding your story to my "to do" list for tomorrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^ What they said!

    I'm gonna read your fic at some point today! Promise.

    ReplyDelete