Saturday, August 14, 2010

Arg (Already running grumpy)

I wondered at what point this would happen. I wondered when I'd begin to resent myself for putting pressure on myself to do this. I figured it would be somewhere around week... I dunno... let's say four. It's day seven - not even the end of day seven - and I'm already there.

My calves hurt. Not like a pleasant sore, or a mild throb. They hurt. Like someone is squeezing the muscles with fiery fingers every time I take a step. This isn't good. I haven't run farther than 1.5 miles in a row. I'm still at the beginning. This is week one!

I think I'll stop this post now because I'm so angry with myself for feeling angry with myself. I don't want it to rub off on you.

I just have to be honest.

I'm sure everything will be better tomorrow. (because tomorrow I don't have to run...)

1 comment:

  1. It's okay to be angry and pissed off. You're not used to exercise and your body must be aching. I've been walking around Whitby all day today and my feet are ready to kill me. Be angry and frustrated, just fuel it in a positive way and don't give up. You'll just feel even worse if you do that.

    ReplyDelete