Saturday, August 21, 2010

Naw

It's my birthday. For my birthday my two yr old got me a couple of epic tantrums and my baby gave me a night of little sleep. Aren't they sweet? And my husband got me a, "You look tired" and a "Why are you so grouchy? It's your birthday, right?"

And I didn't run this morning.

My cousin got in a car accident last night and it took us a long time to hear if he was okay. He was driving and ran a stop sign. In his car were five other teenagers, and in the other car were parents and SIX kids. It was a two car, fourteen people car wreck. Can you imagine? Everyone will be okay, but there are plenty of broken bones. After I hug him I'm going to kill him. So I didn't go to bed until nearly one and then Jack woke up at six. I did look at my running shoes... but I wasn't feeling it. I'll make up for it later. Tomorrow or this evening. You have my word.

Oh, what do I want for my birthday?

A nap.

And if we're really getting fancy, I want a nap without any other people in my bed. I might as well be asking for diamonds. Or a full scholarship to Hogwarts. Or the moon. Or a spaceship ride to Pandora. Or dinner with the Darcy-Bennets. Or a Zebra. Or a lightsaber... you get the idea.

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday!
    i'm so sorry about the accident--are we related because my cousin just got into a horrible wreck, too. hmmm.
    If you find a way to get that nap without any other people in yer bed, fill a sister in. i could use one of those myself.

    ReplyDelete