Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's worse than I expected.

So I got here yesterday. Yesterday I posted so I'll refrain from having another bitch fit about the pizza I wanted. You know, the only thing I ate yesterday was a Tuna Sandwich, a plain salad and some melon. By the time we got on the road to my Dad's it was pushing 7pm and we just nipped to the nearest supermarket. So yeah, I'm here. I haven't seen my Step-Mum yet... I'm not avoiding her or anything, she's just been working. I've also offered to do the cooking, so I can keep it healthy. They've agreed. So on the food front things are going okay. And all in all, I was having a decent day. But now my Dad has been called into work. I should really explain what he does... He used to be a taxi driver but now he drives a van delivering vehicle parts for F1 cars. So, he's driving to the South of France as we speak. He'll not be back by Saturday at the earliest so I'm going home tomorrow. A day early but I don't really care. So I have pictures. I like taking them.




He was mardy with me because I wouldn't let him plug his iPod in. Mine is far superior y'see? Mine has the Spice Girls on and Soil. Mine has every single song you could ever want to listen to. When I took this picture I was listening to Barbie Girl. He really doesn't look impressed. But what he will never admit to anyone is that he'll sing the Ken bits for me while I screech the Barbie bits. Oh, I love him. I do.








Me eating my crappy salad with no dressing and no meat.











And me shopping and trying on the most amazing PJ's ever. Right? RIGHT? (I may have a teeny, tiny obsession with cattle) I didn't buy them and it's a good job because I've just had to bail my friend out of Germany. He's spent all his money and couldn't afford the flight home, so like the good friend I am I dropped £110 ($13o maybe?) on his flight back. I hate him. No I don't, I love him. But man-oh-man he owes me. He's been gone 2 months though so I'm glad he's coming back. I missed him.


My friends are on about going to Amsterdam on Monday. I get the impression that American's think Europe is the promised land... Maybe it's because we hate the EU here in the UK? Or maybe because I've been to pretty much every country in Western Europe... But I find it really boring. I've been to France 4 times, the Netherlands twice, Italy once, Germany once, Belgium once and I've lost count the number of times I've been to Spain. Spain is a 2 hour flight from where I live. So... It's just where we all go. Going to Amsterdam on a total whim isn't really a big deal. The only problem is that Amsterdam has some of the nicest cakes in the world and there's no way I could go without binging on the beauty that is dutch cooking (and yes, I'd get baked too).

I'm off to go have a movie night with my cousin. I've got some WW Chocolate Brownies to nibble on. I'm being good. VERY good. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm insanely jealous of your travels and your salad face is adorable!

    Yay for being good!

    ReplyDelete