Friday, September 10, 2010

Just over a month to go

I don't think I'm anywhere near my target weight - as promised, I haven't weighed myself since I started this. I'm not really that bothered if I hit my weight to be honest. I'm just feeling better in myself and healthier anyway.

The gym is working out at about once or twice a week. It's not as much as I wanted to go but finding the time is hard.

I received a really snotty letter from University yesterday so I have to go have a meeting with the departmental heads. My attendance last year was shoddy. Barely reaching 50% in most modules. However, my lecturers knew I travelled and had basically told me that as long as I kept upto date with my essays and went to seminars they didn't really mind if I missed lectures and got the notes online. Fair enough right? Well... I thought so too. But the letter was basically telling me that I need to go in and discuss my future at the University and discuss steps to prevent a repeat of the previous year "where I was unable to function like a student". I'm going to go in and say "I got an average which would provide me with a 2:1 without even attending any lectures. If you also look at my records you will find that all my essays were in early or on time. I may not have been attending but I was definitely functioning as a student." Fucking boo-yah. They can't kick me out because I've never had a warning before and I passed the year with flying colours, but I just don't have the time or patience for fucking bureaucrats breathing down my neck worrying about their percentages and statistics.. And either way, it's a'ight - 'cause I'm going to be on campus every day this semester anyway. *bashes head and tries to refrain from stress eating*

In other news- I'm going to London on Monday and won't be back until Friday. I was born and raised in the UK and I've NEVER been sightseeing in London. So I'm going with Kirsty and we're gonna have a great time. (And it's only costing us £1 each to get there - I love the megabus!)

No comments:

Post a Comment